Have you ever had to help a friend out with car maintenance and thought “man you could have saved so much time if only you had this in your car”? I feel like every time I am in a hurry, my car decides to act up. But thankfully I always have the proper equipment in my car that will help fix the problem in a pinch! The theme this week kinda revolves around roadside assistance and ways to help you in tight situations. That’s why I have come up with my list of 9 helpful car items you’ll need in a pinch. I would recommend purchasing these items if you don’t already have them, and storing them either in your car or garage.
9 Helpful Car Items You’ll Need In A Pinch
1. Jumper Cables: A great item to have in a pinch. Jumper Cables come in many lengths, so buying one that is longer will save you from having to pull the neighboring car up close.
2. Fire Extinguisher: If your Engine Coolant is low and your car starts to smoke, it is always much safer with one of these around. Plus they make small fire extinguishers to fit in cars, which also means they are lighter.
3. Tire Air Pump: You could find the closest gas station for an air pump, but what if you are stranded in the middle of nowhere? Having a tire pump around can be useful when your tires are low or even slightly flat.
4. Spare Tire With Proper Supply: Going along with the tire pump, make sure you car has a spare tire and the tools you need to change a flat. If you’ve used it, replace it. Your car should always have a spare tire or repair kit like this kit. If your car has Run Flats, then you just got lucky!
5. Tire Pressure Gauge: Again with the tires since you need them to move! Having a tire pressure gauge in your glove box is a for-sure item. Kind of a no brainier. Here is a popular one from Amazon.
6. Duct Tape and WD-40: Just look at these pictures that explain ways to use Duct Tape. And WD-40 is perfect for tight bolts.
7. Owners Manual: Your car should come with an owners manual so just make sure you have one. While an owners manual might be hard to read, they sure are useful. Usually stored in the glove box.
8. Reflective Triangle/ Flare: Road hazards are created for a purpose; To inform people to stay back because something is wrong. Therefore, you need either a flare or reflective triangle to warn drivers you are in danger.
9. Washer Fluid: Have you ever driven in the snow and slush gets on your windshield? It is so hard to see thru, let alone get off! That is why you always need washer fluid in your car. If the fluid container takes up too much space, then pour some in a water bottle. You don’t need much to get the job done.
So there you have it. My list of 9 helpful car items you’ll need in a pinch. I have all of these in my car, and my car is tiny. I think if I can fit everything, so can you!
Shop The Blog