We list ten more great tools you should always have in your garage to finish off our series of The Best DIY Car Repair Tools. Working on your vehicle can be tons of fun and with the proper tools around you can practically fix anything! Saving you money and helping you Motor With Confidence 🙂
The Best DIY Car Repair Tools (Part 3)
1. Torque Wrench: A torque wrench can be used to fix a lot. Just keep one in your tool box and you are ready to tighten any nuts or bolts!
2. Acetylene Torch: Used for welding, which mechanics do have to deal with every so often, the acetylene torch is not a must have but could come in handy if you are careful!
3. Car Vacuum: Of course you need a car vacuum. There are many varieties so I would recommend shopping around to find one that suits you.
4. Latex Gloves: When dealing with car fluids, you really should have gloves on. Some fluids, like coolant and brake fluid, can be harmful to the skin. Safety first when working with cars!
5. Lubricants & Cleaners: You will definitely need some lubricants and cleaners in your garage. I recommend any product from Stoner Car Care. In fact, I’ve posted a couple articles comparing different Stoner Car Care product you can check out here!
6. Drip Pan: A drip pan is used when changing your oil or if you have any fluid leaks under your vehicle.
7. Desiccant: Used to absorb any fluid that might have spilled on the floor of your garage. While you won’t used desiccant often, it is very important to have some around your garage for fluid spills.
8. Duct Tape & Electrical Tape: You can fix anything with tape as they say!
9. Service Manuals: Make sure your cars have the proper service/owners manual. You will refer to them while working on your car quite often. In fact, you can learn how to understand and organize your owners manual by reading this article!
10. Car Battery Charger: In case you don’t have a separate car near by to jump a dead one, you can always rely on a battery charger.
Don’t forget, you can shop all of these items by clicking the links in this article.